PDA

View Full Version : How To Host Videos On My Shared Plan But Convert them On My Vps?

seomarketingonline
03-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi Admin,

First I want to thank you for all the support that you have given us. :D

I have another quick question for you. I have a VPS & a shared plan with the host that you recommended and I want to host my videos on the shared plan (because of unlimited space) but have them convert over on my VPS (due to it being faster, more ram, etc) how can I set this up?

Thank you for your time.

Admin
03-11-2010, 02:45 PM
You will need the multi-server module for that.

I would recommend hosting your main website on your VPS, then use the shared hosting as an additional server in the multi-server module.

With this setup newly uploaded videos will be converted on the VPS then transferred and stored on the shared server.
When these videos are played they will be streamed from the shared server.

seomarketingonline
03-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi admin,

I just paid for it - Your transaction ID for this payment is: 5CX9022195821853D.

Where do I download the module from?

seomarketingonline
04-11-2010, 03:26 AM
Hi admin,

I just received the module and installed it successfully. It is showing up in my admin panel now and now my only question to you is this. It's on my shared hosting right now. if i add sever and type in my vps ftp info will it convert the videos on the vps or on the shared?

I want to make it so that it converts the videos on the vps but stores them on the shared. how do I go about doing this can you please give me steps. thank you for your time

Admin
05-11-2010, 12:23 AM
You will need to move your website to the vps, then setup the shared server as an additional server.