PDA

View Full Version : Mplayer thumbnails making problem.

zerrow
13-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Adultwatch script uses Mplayer to generate thumbnails. For some reasons php loop on line 937:

for($i=1;$i<4;$i++)

{

$secondsshot = $i*6;

$run = $config[mplayer]." $videor -ss ".$secondsshot." -nosound -vo jpeg:outdir=".$config[tmpimgpath]."/".$videoid." -frames 2";

exec($run);

in main.php works, but it doesnt takes arguments from variable $secondsshot which is $i*6. It means that Mplayer makes all screenshots from the first second.

Is this is bug or I can not understand the code.

Admin
15-03-2011, 01:22 AM
secondshot changes on each loop

zerrow
15-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Of course, it should be as yous said, secondshot should changes every 6 seconds. (6,12,18,24). But for some reasons Mplayer doesnt understand variable $seconsshot ( or time format 6, may be it should be 00.00.06) and makes all thumbnails from the first second, it means all thumbnails are the same. Perhaps better to use -sstep .$secondsshot. Any way, I saw, that one member had similar problem. Could you explain, please, what the problem was?

Admin
16-03-2011, 05:47 PM
The problem was mplayer was not compiled correctly, therefore the video length could not be retried in php.

If mplayer is not working correctly then all videos will have 0 length, so there will be no rotating thumbnails.

Sounds like you have the same server problem.

BudakNakal
20-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Hello,

I got the same problem where my thumbnail not generate properly, it only black thumbnail. The video work fine..
Please help me..

Admin
21-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Ensure your server has all requirements and your paths are set correctly.